Error SSL_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION pops up because the website uses an outdated encryption methodology which firefox doesn’t really support now. To temporarily access the website do the following:
- Type in “about:config” into the firefox browser address bar
- You will reach the “Proceed with Caution” page click on “Accept Risk and Continue”
- On the net page in the “search preference name” section type in “security.tls.version.min”
- Click on the pencil icon right next to the search result and change the no in the box to “1”
- Open a new tab and try re-opening the website again.
Once done browsing the website follow the above steps and revert the no in the box from “1” to “3”. This is a very common problem faced while accessing civilian portals in most govt websites since they haven’t modified the encryption technologies at their end.